EarlySteps is a system of services for kids from 0-3 years old. Learn how it can help your child if they are behind in their development, and how to apply for this critical service.
Has your child missed milestones? Are they developing slower than their peers? If your child does not have the skills they should have at their age, EarlySteps can help them catch up. The services teach you – the parents – to help your child practice skills through play. There are also services to support your family. This program is offered in all states and is also called Early Intervention.
The sooner they get these services, the more likely they are to catch up!
We can’t promise you’ll get the perfect services, but we can help you see what your options are.
This Guide will help you:
- Learn how EarlySteps can help your child and your family
- Apply through your local government office
- Get an evaluation to see if your child qualifies
- Set up a good plan of services
- Know what to expect when your child turns 3 and transitions to school-based services
Like all our free Guides, the Exceptional Lives EarlySteps Guide is written in plain, easy-to-understand language. Click the button below to get started!
This Guide includes information specific to Louisiana. If you live in another state, you may still find this Guide useful.